Mediven Levamed E+motion
Levamed is an ankle support with silicone pads. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the ankle joint and only on unbroken skin or if any wounds have been properly covered.
Mode of action
Levamed causes a massage effect, which supports perfusion, with
interaction between the compressive knitted fabric and the two integrated silicon inlays. This effect reduces swelling and bruising. Irritation and pain are relieved. Muscular control and the
stabilisation of the ankle joint improve. Supports are particularly beneficial during physical exercise. The supports are designed to fit comfortably and may be worn all day. It should be removed
during prolonged periods of inactivity (e.g. sitting for a long time or a long car drive, sleeping).
If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and seek medical advice. The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse thoroughly.
- Feeling of instability in the ankle joint (acute or chronic, after injuries to the ligament)
- Irritations in the joint (e.g. excessive stress, injuries, operations) in connection with swelling and bruising
- Inflammations in the joint (arthritis)
- Painful wear of the joint (arthrosis)
There are no known side effects if the correctly sized product is fitted as recommended. If unexpected pain, swelling or numbness occur whilst wearing the support remove it and seek
medical advice. Particular care is required where the following conditions are present:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening).
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes).
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use.
Any combination with other products (e.g. compression stockings) must be discussed in advance with the responsible doctor.
We recommend using a laundry bag. Fabric softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the material, hinder the climate comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
- Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean
detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.