Achimed is an Achilles tendon support. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the Achilles tendon and only on unbroken skin or if any wounds have been properly covered.
Mode of action
Achimed causes a massage effect, which supports perfusion, by
interacting with compressive knitted fabric and the two integrated silicon inlays. This effect furthers the decline in swellings and bruises. Irritation and pain are relieved. Simultaneously the
muscular control and the inherent stabilisation of the ankle joint improve.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical exercise. In principal, the support can be worn all day. However, this depends on how comfortable the support is to wear. The support should be taken off for longer breaks (e.g. sitting for a long time or a
long car drive, sleeping). If you suffer excessive pain or
discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and contact your doctor or specialized shop. The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out the product
- Acute inflammations and irritations of the Achilles tendon
- Chronic pain in the Achilles tendon due to attrition
- Irritations after injuries and operations in connection with
swellings and effusions
- Inflammation of the synovial bursae in the area of the Achilles tendon
No side-effect is known which influences the whole body. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, local pressure effects or constriction of blood vessels or nerves may occur in individuals. For this reason, under the following conditions and before applying the support, you should discuss this with your doctor:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening).
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use.
Any combination with other products (e.g. compression stockings) must be discussed in advance with the responsible doctor.
We recommend using a laundry bag. Fabric softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the material, hinder the climate comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
- Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean
detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.