Mediven Levamed Active
Levamed active is a support with stabilizing strap system. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the ankle joint and only on unbroken skin or if any wounds have been properly covered.
Mode of operation
Due to the interaction of the compressive knitted fabric, silicone pads integrated on both sides and a novel strap system, the brace serves to stabilize the ankle. The brace itself causes a massaging effect which promotes circulation, thus accelerating the reduction of swelling and bruising. The strap system supports the body’s
own stabilization and provides extra support, similar to a tape bandage. The Levamed active brace is thus suitable for
preventive protection against injuries caused by twisting of the ankle, especially during exercise, when the muscles become fatigued.
The brace achieves its greatest effect during physical activity. In general, the brace can be worn all day. However, this should be done according to your comfort. During longer breaks (e.g.
prolonged sitting / road trips, sleeping), the brace should be removed. If excessive pain or discomfort occur during wearing, please remove the product immediately and contact your physician or medical care business.
- Limited functioning of the ligaments in the ankle joint – ligament insufficiency
- Protection from further supination trauma, especially during exercise
- Irritation of the ankle (acute or chronic, posttraumatic or postoperative)
- Minor injuries to the fibrous ligament
Side effects on the overall body are currently unknown. However, if aids such as braces are applied too tightly, local pressure effects or narrowing of the blood vessels or nerves may occur in some cases. For this reason, you should consult your physician prior to use under the following conditions.
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of application, especially in case of signs of inflammation (excessive heat, swelling or redness)
- Sensory and circulatory disorders of the legs and feet (e.g. as a result of diabetes)
- Lymph drainage problems, as well as indistinct swelling of soft tissues outside of the area of application
Combination with other products, e.g.compression stockings, should be discussed in advance with the attending physician.
We recommend using a laundry bag. Fabric softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the material, hinder the climate comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
- Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean
detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.